2009-05-06

Wax on... Wax off...

The best part of owning a boat is cleaning the hull! Yay! I get to stand tip-toed on a ladder with a 10" buffer over my head and compound and wax my boat. All 30 feet of it. Needless to say, the going is a little slow. Doesn't really make a difference since my depth-sounder has yet to arrive. If you are going to order something, don't order from Raytech Electronics in Laval. Speed is not in their vocabulary.

In the mean time, I have a lot of other tasks to do, such as re-seat the engine water intake and replace the stuffing box tube. I have decided to not invest any more money in my engine and to instead save up for an electric repower using an E-Pod 3000 from Re-E-Power.com.

And, the compounding continues. I copied what many people in the yard are using, the reddish brown rubbing compound from Turtle Wax. And it is leaving a light pinkish residue on my hull. No idea what to do about that. Next, I will try to get a white compound and go over those areas again. However, it does vastly improve the smoothness of the hull. It is almost shiny and the water beads up on it when wet now. So all things considered, I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment